There are various types of diets that can help you lose weight rapidly within a short span. Crash diets, or simply diets, target at a dramatic weight loss by tremendously reducing your calorie-intake.
- The Clean Program is a popular diet and detox program prevalent among many Hollywood celebrities. In a nutshell, the b reakfast and dinner are replaced by a liquid meal and the lunch remains solid, combined with some dietary supplements.
- Grapefruit diet also known as the Hollywood diet, has been around since the 1930’s. The premise is that grapefruit contains fat-burning enzymes that, when eaten before other foods help burn off fat.
- Another radical weight loss diet is the Cabbage Soup Diet. It requires an excessive consumption of cabbage soup over a week. Cabbage is low in carbohydrates and high in dietary fiber.
- The Master Cleanse is a modified version of the juice-only diet that prohibits consumption of solid food for the duration of the diet program.
- The GM Diet or General Motors diet plan is a weight management program developed by the General Motors Corporation to help their employees stay in shape. This plan works on the premise that you are allowed to eat only certain foods, that burn off more number of calories than they provide to the body for energy.
There is a lot of criticism of fad diets and their detrimental effects on the overall health of an individual. However, women world over still run to them for rescue when they need to shed those extra pounds, before a wedding or vacation that’s just round the corner.