Living in a fast-paced world, lots of people resort to “instant” especially when it comes to the food we eat. This is mainly because; we want “quick, ready to eat” meals just to save time and human effort. However, as we keep an eye to saving time and money, we are becoming unaware of the health consequences it will bring, maybe not today but in the near future.
Being well informed about which are good and bad to you, really helps so you are able to stop saying “yes” to these foods as early as now. Unhealthy foods are around, we have been led to believe that some of them are good for you but actually, it slowly breaks down your body that will soon lead to terrible diseases.
Note these foods you should say “NO” to from now on:
- Processed Meats – one alternative that we see when there is lack of time is to resort to processed meats that can be prepared with just a couple of minutes. Hams, roast beef, hotdogs and the likes are made with preservatives, antimicrobial agent and many other harmful chemicals for added flavour and to prolong its life.
As these food have been cooked, there are additional chemicals formed that doubles the harm and promotes cancer chemicals.
- Heterocyclic Amines (HCAs) – these hazardous compounds are formed when meats are cooked in high temperatures. These increase the risk of stomach, colon and breast cancers.
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) – this happens when meats are smoked. When excess smoke surrounds the food it then leads to cancer causing PAHs.
- Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) – this chemical leads to stress, inflammation and increased heart disease risk, diabetes and kidney failures.
- Artificial Sweeteners – sweeteners can increase your appetite which can lead to quick weight gain and fat storage. It also increases carbohydrate cravings.
- Table Salt – we cannot avoid the use of salt in most dishes. However, the use of table salt is health damaging compared to using pure, unrefined salt for cooking. Too much consumption of table salt might lead to health problems like heart disease, memory decline, erectile dysfunction and more.
- Vegetable Oils – Vegetable oiled foods are highly processed and when too much consumption, it kills the important omega-6 to omega-3. It is important to know that these oils convert good cholesterol to bad cholesterol which can lead to serious illnesses.
- Canned goods – most canned foods contain BPA – a toxic chemical that affects reproductive health, increase the risk of cancers, diabetes, heart diseases and many other horrible health issues. It is better to resort to fresh foods, fruits, fishes and vegetables to avoid such things to happen.
It is not too late to start saying “NO” to these unhealthy foods you once believe are healthy. Being healthy requires a bit of your time and effort to consume and prepare meals but sooner or later, you will realize that step by step, you are saving your health and your body from many diseases.